RE: Cannot Login

Oh, and just in case you're not familiar with editing the shadow file, when
I say to delete the password for root, I don't mean deleting the entire
line.  I mean removing the encrypted password between the first and second
":", so the two colons are right next to each other.  When you're done, the
line with "root" in it will look something like this:

root::13725:0:99999:7:::

Hope this helps!
-- Kevin