CVS & Co

Hi!

I want to use CVS for systemadministration. I have never used one so far, so
my knowledge is very poor about that topic.

Actually our programmers and another administrator is using eclipse.
Unfortunately i don't know which package i have to install for using cvs with
eclipse.

Can i use other cvs software to use a repository created and further used with
eclipse. Or do i run into problems doing that? I have found subversion and gti
so far, but i don't know which is the right one.

What would you use in my situation? I prefer a console based application.

Thx

Alex