Dual-head display with video-intel stopped working on unstable update.

I run unstable and update daily.

Last Friday, I happened to log out and log in again---I don't do that
every day---and that caused the X server to restart.

When it came back up, I noticed that only one of my two monitors had
any signal going to it.   I'm using the integrated intel video on my
motherboard; the VGA output is working, but 'xrandr -q' reports that
TMDS-1 is "disconnected".  Of course, the monitor is really connected,
and I see a mirrored display of the console on boot-up before X
starts.

/var/log/Xorg.0.log shows no EDID data for TMDS-1.  That's suspicious
right there.

Normally---at least according to /var/log/Xorg.1.log---pipe B is on
and TMDS-1 is connected to pipe B, but pipe B is now off.

I didn't change anything lately, but I have been doing daily updates.

I used reportbug to send in a report against xserver-xorg-video-intel,
but the list of bugs against the driver is quite long.

Does anybody here know about what's going on and whether there's a
work-around.  I'd rather not go back to the server in testing because
it has its own issues with dual-monitor support.

--
Thomas E. Vaughan

There are only two kinds of people; those who accept dogma and know
it, and those who accept dogma and don't know it. - G.K. Chesterton