Re: installing a realtek 8139 lan card on 2.4.18

steef wrote:

> .......AFAICT the bf24-kernel was used with woody, and, if i remember
> well, had during installation of the os, to choose out of a list to
> install the rtl-chip by hand. so,if i am right, go to the realtek
> website, try to find the driver and install it by and.
>
> regards,
>
> steef

And if I remember correctly there are few flavors of those cards, also of
the chip series (rtl8139).

if I remember also well there were some funny names of this driver like "ne"
or a like.

I suggest

        1) identify the correct model of your card!
        2) find out for this kernel which driver is supporting the card
        3) check if this driver is present on the system (locate,find)
        4) try loading it and go on with configuration.

regards