Your reply is very welcome
Regards
H.Motamedi

On Sun, Aug 16, 2009 at 3:56 PM, Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net> wrote:
On 2009-08-16 06:43, hadi motamedi wrote:
Dear All
Please be informed that we have an Linux server that it recenty got a
problem on its Ethernet port . As its communications with the outside world
is through its Ethernet port , we recently figured it out that it can no
longer being PING from the other clients' sides . We checked on the server
and we can see the network messages when enabling the "tcpdump" on it to
listen to the network . Please be informed that its Ethernet driver is as
"via-rhine" , as can be read from the "lsmod" output .Can you please do me
favor and let me know what is wrong on our Linux server that prevents the
other clients to have reply when PING it ?

Can the server ping the clients?

Did you set an iptables rule that rejects ICMP packets?

Did someone screw up the client's routing or DNS tables?

What if you try pinging the server's IP address instead of it's name?

--
Scooty Puff, Sr
The Doom-Bringer