Mouse not sync'd with pointer

I just installed Lenny in a VMware Player virtual machine and the pointer does not match up with
the mouse.  There is a x and y offset from where the mouse x-y is and where the desktop (gnome)
places the pointer.  This makes navigating the desktop extremely difficult.  Has anyone seen this problem
before?  What do I do to get the pointer to be placed where the mouse coordinates are?

Not sure if this is the correct list to post this in.

TNX
Bob Patton