Re: Iceweasel 3.5

On 2009-08-12 19:15 +0200, S. Fishpaste wrote:

> Well I was primarily wanting to stay with stable as this is an older laptop
> and other than wanting an uptodate browser *always* I'd prefer to use
> backports. Wonder why either backports or volatile don't carry the latest
> versions of Iceweasel|Firefox. I thought that was the purpose of those 2
> sources.

Somebody has to provide them first.  As a general rule, backports are
only made for packages that are in testing, and Iceweasel 3.5 has not
even hit unstable yet.

Given that the maintainers of Mozilla packages in Debian are totally
overworked and understaffed, I don't think that backports will be made
any time soon.

Sven