Re: Debian Lenny install failing on Dell Latitude CPi A366ST during hardware detect phase

Kyle Barbour wrote:
Hello everyone,/

I'm trying to install Debian Lenny on an old Dell Latitude CPi A366ST,
currently running Win98. KNOPPIX boots on it fine, as does Win98.
However, when I try to install Debian on it, the install hangs right
after "Detecting PC card services". At first, I thought this might
have to do with the D-Link DWL-650 PC card adapter I have, so I
removed it to no avail. I then tried

boot: expert hw-detect/start_pcmcia=off

but this didn't help either, with the install now hanging right after

Kyle,

Have you tried booting with ACPI off? Add acpi=off to the kernel boot command line.

-mark