Re: libdvdcss availability?

On Tue, Aug 11, 2009 at 13:26 +0300, Teemu Likonen wrote:
> On 2009-08-11 12:05 (+0200), Olivier Cailloux wrote:
>> - How can I install libdvdcss on my system? (Preferably through
>> aptitude, although if not possible advices on how to do it
>> differently would be appreciated.)

I installed them directly using the packages provided by the upstream
developers.

You can find them here:

http://download.videolan.org/pub/videolan/libdvdcss/1.2.10/deb/

> Use debian-multimedia repository: http://www.debian-multimedia.org/

I wiped debian-multimedia from my system since i ran into the dependency
hell outlined by Paul Cartwright in [1]. This issue was eventually
resolved and i am sure that the d-m maintainers are doing a terrific
job, but i never felt the urge to include d-m in my sources.list again.

I would be quite happy though if someone could make some comments on the
situation with d-m since June 2008. Is it worth to include it again?

with kind regards

    Wolodja

[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2008/06/msg01609.html