Re: version GLIBC_PRIVATE not defined in file libc.so.6 with link time reference

On 2009-08-11 19:15 +0200, Rob Gom wrote:

> [cut]
> I compared libnsl versions, not libc.

I see, I had misunderstood you.  Yes, nm lists __libc_clntudp_bufcreate
as undefined in libnsl.

> I _guess_ that some lib is linked against libnsl, but not libc6 (is
> that possible?).

Theoretically it may be possible, but I would be very surprised to see
such a beast in practice.

> Then on older versions, it would work fine. On new,
> it would try to load libnsl and fail because on new referred symbol
> present in libc6.
> What else may that be?

I don't have a clue, but I think it is time for you to file a bug report
against libc6.  You can also try to remove libc6-i686 and see whether
that makes a difference (it should not, but just to be sure).

Sven