Re: how to silence speaker during reboot/halt

On Sun,09.Aug.09, 07:19:20, Long Wind wrote:
> On 8/9/09, Andrei Popescu <andreimpopescu@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hhhm, you might get away by disabling the beep of your terminal. Are you
> >  running the command at the linux console or from a terminal emulator?
> >
> >  Regards,
> >
> > Andrei
> >

> Then, how to disable beep of terminal?
> I run the command from xterm or tty
> I really don't know which manual I should read.

For xterm this might help (from the manpage for xterm):

-vb     This option indicates that a visual bell is preferred over an
audible one. Instead of ringing the terminal bell when ever a Control-G
is received, the window will be flashed.

I don't know how to do this for the console, in the past I used to just
disable the pc speaker (see my other post).

Regards,
Andrei
(Albert Einstein)