Re: how to silence speaker during reboot/halt

On Sun,09.Aug.09, 05:50:33, Long Wind wrote:
> by "reboot/halt" I mean the command below:
>
> shutdown -h now
> or
> shutdown -r now

Hhhm, you might get away by disabling the beep of your terminal. Are you
running the command at the linux console or from a terminal emulator?

Regards,
Andrei
P.S. Please don't top-post and trim all irrelevant stuff. Quoting my GPG
signature doesn't really help the discussion ;)
(Albert Einstein)