Re: dash download

On Sat, Aug 08, 2009 at 17:26 -0500, Ron Johnson wrote:
> On 2009-08-08 14:42, Siggy Brentrup wrote:
>>>                   I haven't yet tried chsh to find out what will
>>> happen but am in a position to do that on a throwaway account created
>>> for the purpose and find out.
>>
>> I wouldn't use dash as my login shell, it lacks readline support which
>> I am relying heavily on and I'd be suprised to hear YMDV.
>
> Yech.  An interactive shell w/o readline is useless!

Please don't be that harsh, here's another section of "Siggy's musings
about early *nix days":

For short, when you don't have readline you develop a habit of writing
tiny #!/bin/sh <wink> scripts with the help of ed(1) (no readline either).
I've programmed quite a bit in K&R C using ed(1) then.

no bad feelings
  Siggy
--
Please don't Cc: me when replying, I might not see either copy.
               bsb-at-psycho-dot-informationsanarchistik-dot-de