Is there a reason why dhclient is Debian's default DHCP client instead of dhcpcd?

Hi,

As the title says, is there any reason why Debian uses dhclient as its default
DHCP client rather than dhcpcd? Are there any issue with dhcpcd I'm unaware of?

I'd really like to know, because as of now I'm having troubles with dhclient as
it refuses to register its hostname to the DNS server:
1- http://ifireball.wordpress.com/2007/12/15/dhcp-trouble-on-debian/
3- http://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php?t=28176&sid=b76de680eb90778275fb22af689aa2f2

Obviously I'm not the only one and as per the aforementioned links, I assume
the problem has already been reported.

I could understand some people don't want their client to register their
hostname (this is how dhclient behaves by default), but then is there any
way to have Debian register its hostname on boot without having to hardcode
the same hostname in 3-4 configuration files[1] as doing is stupid and makes
changing the hostname cumbersome.

In short, I'm wondering why dhclient is still the default considering this
bug/caveat and possibly if it possible to use dhcpcd as the default DHCP client
on a Debian [Lenny] machine?

[1] Namely /etc/hostname, /etc/network/interfaces, /etc/dhclient3/dhclient3.conf
and maybe others.

Regards,
Vhann