Re: about a feature which I found in Gnome

Paul E Condon wrote:
<snipped>

> I like the way I can plug a USB device into a USB socket and have it
> mounted automatically within a few seconds. I expecially like the way
> a device that has a label given to it is mounted on a mount-point that
> is named with that label, and when I un-mount the device that mount
> point is removed from /media - all automatically.

I have used several different desktops and window managers, but recently
I've moved to using LXDE.  The file manager PCFileMan is extremely user
friendly.

I also have Compiz installed with LXDE.  I don't mind a little eye candy
occasionally, but I turn it off when watching movies in Smplayer.

a quick google shows this (older) article about the desktop.  you can
see the filemanager and such there.

http://www.arrantdrivel.com/

Where the road takes me - a highwayman's perspective
http://www.prestonboyington.com/