cups and panasonic printer status

I think what I got was either a new never used defective printer, or I must have hit a wrong menu key on the printer because the printer now only prints out everything on one line. I can probably get the printer checked out this weekend and if the configuration is wrong have it fixed. If that's not the case this will just be moved over to a computer with an older dos operating system on it since that computer did print a correct file. Even so, this experience was worthwhile so long as it was viewed as a learning experience because I got to use the cups system which wouldn't have happened otherwise this soon. The printer is alarming on paper out status even though it's got plenty of paper on its tractor feeds and running under its roller too.