Re: Installation on Intel Core i7

On Mon, Aug 3, 2009 at 10:55 PM, Timothy Wu<2huggie@gmail.com> wrote:
> Good news! I finally am able to boot with fail safe defaults. I don't know
> what the defaults are though, I can't see any option being changed by casual
> checking. I loaded back the optimized default and it still boots! So..I've
> no idea what I've really done. Now this is Ubuntu, I'm hoping I can
> reinstall Debian.
>
> By the way, for some reason the keyboard and the mouse sometimes do not work
> and motherboard (I think) makes this weird, squeaking sound. Simply
> unplugging keyboard and replug it and press F1 will make it work. Is that a
> problem with this board? Should I get it replaced?
>
> On Mon, Aug 3, 2009 at 11:05 PM, Victor Padro <vpadro@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Change SATA configuration in the BIOS, use AHCI or emulate SATA as IDE.
>
> I don't seem to find the option. There is one option that enable or disable
> the sata controller. Is this it?

Maybe your board doesn't have that options. Please check you manual
before replace the mainboard.
Play around with the USB settings in BIOS, that help me when my MS
keybord didn't get back from a KVM change about a year ago.

--
Linux User #452368
Ubuntu User #28025

"Doing a thing well is often a waste of time."
//HP Mini 2GB 60GB - Windows XP/Ubuntu Jaunty
//Core 2 Duo 2.40Ghz 8GB 500GB - Windows 7/Ubuntu Jaunty
//Core 2 Duo 2.40Ghz 8GB 320GB - MacOS Leopard
//Athlon 64 2.7Ghz 8GB 400GB - CentOS 5.3
//Core 2 Duo 1.86Ghz 8GB 1TB - Proxmox 1.3
//Celeron 1.8Ghz 2GB 160GB - pfSense
//NSLU2 266Mhz 32MB 1TB - Debian Lenny