Re: batch automation

On 2009-08-02 23:36, jeremy jozwik wrote:
On Tue, Jul 28, 2009 at 7:53 AM, Ron Johnson<ron.l.johnson@cox.net> wrote:
for i in *.jpg; \
do \
  bn=$(basename "${i}" .jpg) \
  echo "${bn}" \
done

Replace the echo statement with appropriate exiftool command.
./exif.sh: line 7: syntax error: unexpected end of file

ok, im getting frustrated. i have to cook, and i am currently not
finding what i need to know.
anyone want to plug-in the needed parts? i just want to edit my photos
and be done with it for today. learning scripts will come at a later
date.

jpg with exif data:
/home/##/Desktop/photo/fresh/

jpg without exif data:
/home/##/Desktop/photo/raw/

exiftool
/home/##/exiftool/exiftool/

exiftool command in need of batchin:
./exiftool -TagsFromFile /home/##/Desktop/photo/fresh/with.jpg
/home/##/Desktop/photo/raw/without.jpg

please help! my god im an artist not a programmer!! :)

My bad for adding the continuation characters.  This definitely works:

#!/bin/bash
for i in *.jpg;
do
   bn=$(basename "${i}" .jpg)