Re: Linksys WUSB54GCv3

> Install the firmware-ralink package from non-free and the kernel
> should
> pick the right driver (if available) automagically.

Well, that's apparently the problem, because the kernel doesn't. Even if
I load the correct module (rt2870sta, that is) using modprobe, the
device doesn't work properly. I think firmware-ralink is not yet
compatible with version 3 of this device.

However, I have managed to get this thing working using ndiswrapper with
a slight modification. When using the version provided by Debian, you'll
get an error saying that a symbol is undefined
(MmGetSystemRoutineAddress). Dirk Schwendemann posted a remedy for this
on the ndiswrapper homepage [1]. Just add this in the source file
ntoskernel.c:

wstdcall void* WIN_FUNC(MmGetSystemRoutineAddress,1)
(struct unicode_string *name)
{
struct ansi_string ansi;
if (RtlUnicodeStringToAnsiString(&ansi, name, TRUE) ==
STATUS_SUCCESS) {
WARNING("MmGetSystemRoutineAddress: %s", ansi.buf);
RtlFreeAnsiString(&ansi);
}

Then build the module and load it, load the XP driver on the provided CD
and it should work. I hope I am helping somebody :)

Eric Spreen

[1]
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=2639185&group_id=93482&atid=604453