Re: How to make from source debian package?

Brian <claremont102@gmail.com> writes:

> On Wed 29 Jul 2009 at 16:00:16 +0200, Csanyi Pal wrote:
>
>> the gnustep packages are very old when installed from the official
>> repositories so I wish to make debian packages from sources:
>> tarballs, or SVN to make the fresh gnustep debian packages for the
>> Lenny.
>
> If the packages in unstable are new enough for you they could be
> backported to Lenny. Here is a possible route to take:

The packages in unstable are not new enough for me:

unstable versions:
-----------------
gnustep-make-2.0.8
gnustep-base-1.19.0
gnustep-gui-0.16.0
gnustep-back-0.16.0
projectcenter.app-0.5.0~20080704
gorm.app-1.2.8

the newest tarball (.tar.gz) versions:
-------------------------------------
GNUstep Make - 2.2.0
GNUstep Base - 1.19.1
GNUstep GUI - 0.17.0
GNUstep Back - 0.17.0
Project Center - 0.5.0
Gorm - 1.2.8

I'll try to follow this documentation:
http://www.debian.org/doc/maint-guide/

to get debian packages from the newest tarballs.

--
Regards, Paul Chany
http://csanyi-pal.info