Re: detect ramtype

you can use lshw command.

In my case this is the part of memory output

*-memory
          physical id: 25
          slot: System board or motherboard
          size: 1GiB
          capacity: 1GiB
        *-bank:0
             physical id: 0
             slot: DIMM 1
             size: 1GiB
             width: 64 bits
        *-bank:1
             physical id: 1
             slot: DIMM 2

2009/7/31 michal krajcirovic <konf@krajcirovic.cz>
Hi, I need to determine the type of RAM in the server, I could add more. Is it a program that know what memory is currently in the server, without it I had to disassemble? Dmidecode command output, although the size of RAM, etc., but find out what it's slot, etc.

Thanks