Re: Back up routines

> I trust Amazon more than a HD.  You're free not to, but I've seen more
> HDs fail than I have Amazons.

I'm not sure the HD's reliability is much of an issue: you wouldn't want
to backup to a single drive which you bring back home at night,
otherwise, during the day you're at the mercy of a big accident.
So instead you want to have 2 drives (e.g. one at home and one at the
office) which you swap every once in a while (e.g. daily).  You'll also
want to replace those drives every once in a while (e.g. every 3 years,
or whenever the backup size grows past the capacity of the drive).

> Uploading to a remote server is more automated (client doesn't even
> have to *think* about it), and for low amounts of data, is cheaper.

Agreed.  Luckily I have a machine of mine off-site, so I still don't
have to rely on Amazon.  Actually, most people have a machine off-site:
one at home and one at the office, so they're both mutually off-site.

        Stefan