Re: ssh says Cannot listen to port: 6000

On Wed, Jul 29, 2009 at 14:49 +0100, Anthony Campbell wrote:
> Thanks to you and Ron I now know that port 6000 is being used by X11.
> And in fact, if I ssh at a terminal without starting X I can connect.
> But then, of course, I can't start X!
>
> How can this be resolved? It must  be possible because it works on two
> other computers, just not on this one.

Standard call for more info: run

  2>&1 ssh -vvv <rest-of-your command-line> | tee ssh.log

and come back with ssh.log in an attachment (it can get quite lengthy).

Siggy
--
Please don't Cc: me when replying, I might not see either copy.
               bsb-at-psycho-dot-informationsanarchistik-dot-de