Re: -- SPAM -- Integrity check of a downloaded with http-browser package.

On 2009-07-27 10:23, Sthu Deus wrote:
Good day.

I have downloaded a package from debian repo with my http browser. Now, how I
can check its integrity, that an evil doer did not modify it some malicious way
while the transfer?

Use "apt-cache show" to find the file's nominal hash, then run sha1sum to gen the real hash. If they match, it wasn't corrupted en route.

(I'd worry more, though, about the repository machine getting hacked and the descriptions getting modified.)

--
Scooty Puff, Sr
The Doom-Bringer