Re: Kmail................

On 2009-07-26 16:26, Celejar wrote:
On Sun, 26 Jul 2009 02:34:47 -0500

On 2009-07-25 23:55, Celejar wrote:
On Fri, 24 Jul 2009 00:24:28 -0500

On 2009-07-24 00:07, Celejar wrote:
[snip]
Sylpheed suffers from the same problem; my workaround is to maintain a
working getmail configuration, and when I know that I have a lot of
mail queued, my connection is slow, or I just want to use Sylpheed now
instead of waiting, I just download the mail from the cli with getmail,
and subsequently have Sylpheed incorporate it into its mail store
(which is a relatively quick process, even for fairly large amounts of
mail).
Why not feed it directly to procmail or maildrop?
Maildrop, which I sometimes use, doesn't support the MH mailstores that
Sylpheed uses (by default).  I suppose that I could use the nmh
utilities, but why bother?
Or migrate away from mh in order to achieve the benefits of an MDA?

Again, why bother?  What problem am I trying to solve?  Sylph's
built-in MDA has the filtering capabilities that I need, and if I ever
actually do need the features of a dedicated MDA, I can always use my
gotmail configuration, delivering to the spool and subsequently
incorporating.  I understand that using a GUI for MRA / MDA
functionality is not the most Unixy way to do things, but it works fine
for my needs.

I thought you were complaining about Sylpheed being single-threaded and thus stalling/blocking during POP fetches.

--
Scooty Puff, Sr
The Doom-Bringer