Re: Emails [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

On Saturday July 25 2009 3:14:38 pm lee wrote:
> > Are you purposely being dense, or just trolling?
>
> What do you mean? Putting a disclaimer into a mail *is* under human
> control. If it's not, what then?
>
> --
listmaster@lists.debian.org

Did you personally insert this signature in your mail? I really consider it
completely inappropriate for the list, so you should get rid of it. In fact, I
see this on a lot of the emails on this list. Maybe I should flame everyone
whose emails these appear on...

Even though /some/ human made the decision to place that signature at the end
of list emails, the fact is that you have no control over it and cannot change
it. The disclaimer in the OP's email is likely appended *after* he sends it by
the outgoing mail server. If this is at his place of work, he is probably just
as able to change it as you are able to change the debian unsubscribe
signature.

MM