Re: request for a mono vote.

Hi,

On Sat, 2009-07-25 at 20:06 +0300, Πρεκατές Αλέξανδρος wrote:
> As a dedicated  debian user i want to express my concerns and worries
> regarding mono inclusion in main
> and i  ask for a vote for mono in non-free/main because:
>
> 1) I feel like microsoft is not clear about the license issues.
> 2) MS is a monopoly in desktop OS market and its monopoly aggresive
> behavior has been proven
> in courts and is evident every day. see netbook market for example.
> Wouldnt a pro-ms pro-monopoly  move harm the excellent name Debian has
> build?
> 3) Is essential to me and the way i perceive the debian identity to has
> a clear position out of middleware rivalries of
> multinationals companies not favoring or taking sides.

Correct me if I am wrong, but Debian Testing now installs the meta
package "gnome-desktop-environment" by default (and not "gnome", which
depends or recommends extra tools like gnome-office, gnumeric,
abiword ... and banshee, tomboy [which depends on mono])

So the problem is over, isn't it?

Franklin