Re: request for a mono vote.

On 2009-07-25 12:06, Πρεκατές Αλέξανδρος wrote:
As a dedicated debian user i want to express my concerns and worries regarding mono inclusion in main
and i  ask for a vote for mono in non-free/main because:

1) I feel like microsoft is not clear about the license issues.
2) MS is a monopoly in desktop OS market and its monopoly aggresive behavior has been proven in courts and is evident every day. see netbook market for example. Wouldnt a pro-ms pro-monopoly move harm the excellent name Debian has build? 3) Is essential to me and the way i perceive the debian identity to has a clear position out of middleware rivalries of
multinationals companies not favoring or taking sides.

+1 for a voting procedure.

As a consumer of other people's free labor, you get NO "vote".

However, if you feel strongly about it, install popcon and mononono (from http://tim.thechases.com/mononono/).

Or... switch from Debian to gNewSense.

--
Scooty Puff, Sr