Re: help, ive broken my linux but it still boots up!

2009/7/25 jeremy jozwik <jerjoz.forums@gmail.com>:
> so ive been running debian lenny for about a week. everythings been
> hunky-dorry until this evening when i turned on my laptop and was
> greeted with several seconds of this during the boot up process.
>
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/godblessbotox/3753646865/
>
> along with that gobbely gook it beeps for about 3 seconds.
>
> am i boned or is there any hope of a recovery to this?

Google motherboard beep codes. A three second beep is usually either
the video or RAM. Take it apart, reseat it (Hold ground while you do)
and try again. You might want to check a few hours of memtest as well.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il