Secure wipe considered voodoo (was Re: favorite dban parameters)

On 2009-07-25 00:54, Jude DaShiell wrote:
At the boot: prompt I usually key in autostart 5 then hit enter. A 200GB disk takes about 8 hours to clean so figure your timing accordingly if you decide to use this.

Read the 2nd paragraph of the Epilogue, and then scale that up from 80GB to 200, 250, 320, etc, etc.

Were I to get rid of a HDD, I'd put it in an external enclosure, fdisk it to make 1 huge partition, mkfs it vfat or ext2, then run this script:

Scooty Puff, Sr
The Doom-Bringer