Re: KDE3 konsole on KDE4 [solved]

Nate Bargmann wrote:
You will need to reconfigure the fontconfig-config package and be sure
to enable bitmapped fonts.  If you've upgraded your box over time as
Sid, there may be some crufty files in /etc/fonts/conf.d (they should
all be symlinks now except for README) that are turning bitmapped fonts
back off even though you've enabled them.  I found this on a few of my
boxes.  A clean Etch or later install should not have this problem.

Hi Nate,

I have done the dpkg-reconfigure on fontconfig-config and fcontconfig (learned this a while back when apt removed my font). I also discovered that I had to have font aliasing enabled. It was set to "system settings" which I assume was off. I set that to enabled, and tried again - no go. After some more fiddling about, I discovered there was another konsole process running, preventing it from actually restarting cleanly. Killed that off, started konsole again, and the font is there - much better!

Thanks!

--kj