Query on IP connections & security

I was going through the hardinfo application and when I got to "IP connections" I noticed the following connections have the "Established" status using TCP and both on port 443 (SSL and HTTPS).

One of these connections is to (which doesn't seem to have a listing in the whois database that means anything) and which points to http://www.proxad.net according to whois

What applications could I have on my machine that would establish tcp connections with either of these using ssl/https?

Also, although I was under the impression that the portmap service was not enabled at boot up, it would appear that it is running in the background. I recall that portmap used to be a security risk, but is this still the case and should I be concerned?