Re: exim4: fallback smart hosts

On 22/07/2009 lee wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 23, 2009 at 02:40:08AM +0200, Jonas Meurer wrote:
> > On 22/07/2009 lee wrote:
> > > How did it solve the problem of authenticating with the smarthosts?
> > > You're not using open relays, are you?
> >
> > I simply added yet another line with smarthost:user:password to
> > /etc/exim4/passwd.client
>
> That's nice --- I wouldn't have known that I'd be supposed to add it
> there ...

/usr/share/doc/exim4/README.Debian.gz:

2.3.1. Using Exim as SMTP-AUTH client

   If you want to set up Exim as SMTP AUTH client for delivery to your
   internet access provider's smarthost put the name of the server, your
   login and password in /etc/exim4/passwd.client. See the man page for
   exim4-config_files(5) for more information about the required format.
   [...]

greetings,
 jonas