Re: exim4: fallback smart hosts

On Mon, Jul 20, 2009 at 11:43:37AM +0200, Jonas Meurer wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Is it possible to configure a fallback smart host in exim4?

Afair it is possible by specifying several smart hosts instead of
one. You need to look it up in info exim4 or in the PDF manual, but
afair exim will try hosts on a host list one after another.

> Unfortunately the debconf exim4-config configuration facility doesn't

Yeah, I always copy the example config from the docs and use that
instead, adapted to what I need --- I've not been able to figure out
how to use that facility. Even if I could figure it out, I wouldn't be
able to know how exim is configured ... Apache is even worse.