Re: Live CD says all fs clean, but...

On 2009-07-24 02:05, lee wrote:
On 2009-07-24 01:08, lee wrote:
Check /boot/grub/menu list; I think that's where the kernel is being
told to mount the root-fs read-only:
That's what I eventually did, earlier this evening.

Did it work?

Sorry, I meant to imply that it did.

But... the grub file has *always* been like that.  Why the change
now?

Perhaps there hasn't been an intended change, but something went
wrong. It seems that the root partition doesn't get remounted
writable, but even when /var cannot be written to, the boot process
shouldn't crash.

What happens when you boot in single mode, rename /var to something
else and reboot with a writable root fs? If it works, you would have
an indication that /var not being writable isn't a problem.

???

It wouldn't be able to find all those important directories and files.

--
Scooty Puff, Sr
The Doom-Bringer