Tbird or vim (was Re: Live CD says all fs clean, but...)

On 2009-07-23 17:19, Chris Jones wrote:
On Thu, Jul 23, 2009 at 02:33:02PM EDT, ron.l.johnson@cox.net wrote:
---- Chris Jones <cjns1989@gmail.com> wrote:
On Thu, Jul 23, 2009 at 09:58:32AM EDT, ron.l.johnson@cox.net wrote:
boot procedure still mounts / as RO, and so "it" can't write to /var (which is part of /) and thus the boot process freezes just after S55something.

(No, it doesn't drop me into single-user mode. I think it wants to, but things fly by so fast that I can't see.)
CTRL+S .. maybe?
Tried that...

Also, wrapping at column 72 would help.
Blame Tbird.

Actually, turns out that it's my ISP's webmail.

No offence meant.. mutt+vim.. maybe?

I tried that, really, but one of the things that a GUI can do better than ncurses is informative little icons and small, easy-to-read, "boldable", variable-width text, which allows me to see more "stuff" (folder and subject lists) on-screen.

--
Scooty Puff, Sr
The Doom-Bringer