Re: Is it a bug: huge dependency problems of php5 and ikiwiki

(this really isn't Debian-arm specific; please direct follow-ups, if
any, to the debian-user mailinglist)

On Wed, Jul 22, 2009 at 05:11:43PM +0200, Xan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a NSLU2 device (armel computer). With Debian 5.0.2 installed.
> I cannot use reportbug because exim4 is not configured properly....
> but it's not the story.
>
> I have two possible bugs of too much dependencies:
>

> 1) When I want to install php5, apt install me apache2 packages. I
> think that php5 should depend on www-server not specifically on
> apache.

The issue is that php5 depends on "libapache2-mod-php5 |
libapache2-mod-php5filter | php5-cgi"; i.e., it does allow you to do
this, but *by default* will depend on the apache versions.

If you wish to use PHP5 with cherokee, you need to explicitly select
php5-cgi, like so:

apt-get install cherokee php5-cgi

That should fix your problem.

trying to fool the system.