Re: Font (or color) problem on current unstable x86 box

On Tue, Jul 21, 2009 at 10:16:41AM +0100, David Goodenough wrote:
> If you read the rest of my original message, it would appear to be a font
> that is missing, not a color.  My real question however is how I find out
> WHICH font (or color) is missing.

You're right, it can also be a font. Which font packages do you have
installed?

If there are some that aren't installed and a font is missing, you
could try to install a font package and see if it fixes the
problem. If it doesn't, purge it and try the next one --- though there
could be several fonts missing ... But a missing font shouldn't cause
an error like that.

There is:

xcolors - display all X11 color names and colors
xcolorsel - display colors and names in X

You could install them and see if they can display all colors.