Re: How to support DC Olympus u1040 on Debian?

On 2009-07-21 23:35, Michael Yang wrote:
[snip]

Thanks so much Ron! It works. I wrote a script to automatically get the UUID
and mount it to save the work.

The Universally Unique IDentifier shouldn't ever change. (That is, the UUID of each SD/MMC/whatever card.)

So, determine it once, add it to your fstab, and that's that.

Just one more small question:
Which software do you use to manage pictures from camera?
I used gtkam, but it doesn't have a automatic preview feature, I have to
open each picture to preview. Otherwise, I have to copy the pictures to
local disk and use "gqview" to manage.

Manage? Real Men don't need no stinkin' "managers". They use usefully-name sub-directories and image viewers. xv if you're Old School, qiv if you're minimalist and gqview if you have any sense...

However... this darned useful app will go thru the images' Exif headers, and renames them. For example:

jhead -n%Y%m%d-%H%M%S *.JPG

--
Scooty Puff, Sr
The Doom-Bringer