Re: Lenny on an Asus eee pc 900A 4 GB SSD

Mark wrote:
Looking for input/feedback. I just bought a refurbished Asus eee pc 900A 4 GB SSD netbook (Linux model, not XP). Have yet to receive it, but it comes with Xandros according to the specs. I'd really like to put Debian Lenny stable on it instead, and have looked at the wiki here http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEeePC but I'd like to avoid all the manual package installations since I already have both dvd and cd .iso bootable discs at home and would like to use them. According to the Debian page, 5 GB is the recommended minimum hard drive space for installation. Am I pushing the limit trying to squeeze it on 4 GB, or has anyone had success doing this? I bought an 8 GB SDHC card for the memory card slot if that will be useful for installation.

Thanks in advance,
Mark

It is not hard to have a debian install size of less than 2gb. Just do a minimum install with the network install cd and only install the standard system. Once it reboots to a black terminal, start plugging away with aptitude and install xorg, kde/gnome, amarok,..etc

Sam