Re: output of df doesn't add up

On Mon, 20 Jul 2009 20:22:04 +0200
Johannes Wiedersich <johannes@physik.blm.tu-muenchen.de> wrote:

> Eduardo M KALINOWSKI wrote:
> > On Seg, 20 Jul 2009, Micha Feigin wrote:
> >> Any ideas on where the missing gb are?
> >
> > It's the space reserved for root.
> >
> > http://www.andremiller.net/content/recovering-reserved-space-ext2-and-ext3-filesystems

That explains things

> I wouldn't recommend that approach for / though. 5% of disk space is
> (usually) cheap enough to be prefered over more fragmentation and less
> protection in case of accidentally filled /

Fragmentation does seem ok (I think that it was 2.2%) but the rest of it didn't
seem to work. file system was mounted ro, root couldn't log in or run anything
and the file system crashed to the point that grub said unknown file system.

Didn't seem to have any other issues with  ext4 up to now appart for the
problem of less support from rescue disks. (did find one that works today though)