Re: output of df doesn't add up

On 2009-07-20 12:12, Micha Feigin wrote:
For some reason the output for my main disk as given by df doesn't add up:

/dev/sda1             142G  123G   12G  92% /

That's a whole lot, just for root.  Is /home on a separate partition?

If not, and I bet that's the case here, it should be, for reasons like this.

Make a 12GB / on sda1 and 130GB /home on sda2.

Of course, since your disk is already full, it might be too late to repartition/reinstall.

142g - (123g + 12g) = 7g

it seems that I have 7gb missing on the disk (its ext4,  just crashed, I think

I'd not use ext4 on /.

because it went to 100% and required fsck from a rescuecd to work again if that
makes a difference)

Any ideas on where the missing gb are?

--
Scooty Puff, Sr