Re: Segmentation fault in dpkg and aptitude

> Bill Wohler <wohler@newt.com> writes:
>
> I found I was able to run "apt-get -f install" twice and be able to
> use aptitude to perform package maintenance again.
>
> However, now I'm finding that Emacs and Firefox (Iceweasel) die with
> segmentation faults at random times. Wonder if I'll get this email
> away...
>
> Has anyone seen these problems as a result of updating these packages?
>
>> Here's a trimmed excerpt from /var/log/aptitude:
>>
>> [...]

I'm sorry if this is not useful, but it sounds to me like your problem is
an anomaly. None of the packages installed/upgrades (besides perhaps
libx11) should be affecting Emacs or Firefox. So the question is, if you
try to reinstall the broken packages, do they work?

Again, I'm sorry if this wasn't useful, but I saw that no one else
responded so I figured I'd at least chime in.