Re: Hdd stop / Acpi / Debian Lenny

lee wrote:
On Mon, Jul 20, 2009 at 11:16:51AM +0200, Frederic wrote:
Hello,

I installed Debian Lenny. The hdd often stops... Is there a problem with acpi?

How do you know that the disk stops? Or do you mean it stops working
and becomes unusable?

It stops working and becomes unusable. If I reboot and log me in, i can't do it because it stops working.

But you might have to turn off AHCI in the BIOS before it works
without AHCI. When you do that, AHCI shouldn't work --- that might an
easy way to disable it.

I can't disable it in the bios.. i don't find any options about AHCI, ACPI, APM,..

See also man hdparm, maybe hdparm can tell you more about the disk and
it's power management.

hdparm -i "AdvancedPM=no WriteCache=enabled"

--
Frederic