Re: ia32-apt-get or libc6-i386 on amd64, debian sid?

On Sun, Jul 19, 2009 at 14:09, MRH<misiek_spam@o2.pl> wrote:
> I'm pretty confused with the latest changes in sid on amd64. Do ia32-*
> packages replace -i386 packages or they are alternatives? After 'upgrading'
> to ia32-apt-get I lost wine (however I found there is ia32-wine, which
> unfortunately is not displayed in synaptic and I'm not sure if it replaces
> wine, then what will happen if there will be 64bit wine?), picasa,
> googleearth and some other packages.
>
> Should I purge ia32-* and reinstall libc-i386 or wait?
>
> Then what I understood reading ia32-apt-get doc and some previous post it is
> supposed to be updated / upgraded separately to the apt-get and I assume it
> won't be included / supported in synaptic?

I think we are just waiting on something.
I have about 20 packages that I am holding, until the situation gets sorted
out and I can upgrade without loosing anything.

Not sure what you can do since you already went ahead.
I guess either wait until you can install wine again, or manually downgrade
a score of packages and reinstall wine now.

Cheers,
Kelly Clowers