Re: Bulgarian language

On Thu,16.Jul.09, 12:45:02, Nedelcho Nedelchev wrote:
> Hi
>
> I want to ask for Bulgarian language for debian. I bye computer with
> debian and I want to use Bulgarian language to write letters end to
> write in skype, write documents and etc. Please help me if you can.

Run (as root):

dpkg-reconfigure locales

and choose to generate the locale bg_BG.UTF-8. Then make it the default
local for your system (the next question) and restart your system.

Depending on the translations available for each application you might
see Bulgarian texts. For some packages you need to install the language
pack (ex. iceweasel-l10n-bg).

In order to get a Bulgarian keyboard layout you will need to run

dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg

if you have Debian 5.0.x (Lenny) or

dpkg-reconfigure console-setup

if you have Debian testing (Squeeze).