Re: X11 without HAL: "DontZap" in /etc/X11/xorg.conf doesn't work anymore

Rick Thomas wrote:
> On Jul 15, 2009, at 1:30 PM, Asumu Takikawa wrote:
>
>> setxkbmap -option terminate:ctrl_alt_bksp
>>

> This is good to know.  How often does this have to be done?  Can I do
> it once and have it survive past closing my X session?  Past logging
> out?  Past a reboot?
>
> There was some talk earlier of a Debian-Specific patch that would
> restore this functionality as the default option.  What has happened
> to that?

dpkg-reconfigure console-setup

Anser Yes to:

  | By default the combination Control+Alt+Backspace does nothing.  If you   │
  │ want it can be used to terminate the X server.                           │
  │ Use Control+Alt+Backspace to terminate the X server?

(tested with 1.44)

universe are pointed away from Earth?