Re: Lenny upgrade and Bind9 error message.

Lee,

Thanks for the reply. I did find something that took away the message:

In the named.conf.options file add:

options {
    //...
    files 4096;
    //...
}

Thanks,

Ken

On Tue, 14 Jul 2009, lee wrote:

On Tue, Jul 14, 2009 at 05:16:17AM -0700, Account for Debian group mail wrote:

Jul 14 04:51:21 dcc1 named[2111]: max open files (1024) is smaller than max sockets (4096)

I looked around and I do not see where the max open files (1024) is
controled. How do I stop this error message?

That's an informational message. I'm getting the same, and named also
says it was successful with what it was doing. To allow more open
files, you might have to set a different ulimit for named. If the
limit is built in, you'd need to change it and compile your own
version of named. Google for "increase max number of open files".