Re: automatically reduce screen brightness with xfce when on battery

On Mon, 13 Jul 2009 13:06:56 +0300
Micha Feigin <michf@post.tau.ac.il> wrote:

> There used to be a control in xfce4-power-manager to allow resucing screen
> brightness when working on battery but it has been removed in recent versions.
> Any other way to achieve the same goal?

I don't know if this is helpful, but the package laptop-mode-tools is
designed to invoke scripts upon various power events, such as a switch
to and from battery, so if you can figure out some cli / script method
to control the brightness, it should be simple to hook it in.

Celejar