Partition table not loaded; Boot failes for Debian testing

Hi,

do someone have the same problem with missing partition (cat /proc/partitions) tables with linux-image-2.6.26-2-686 (2.6.26-17) while boot ?
I've two via_sata drives with two partitions each. This setup worked over years (since 2003) with different linux versions without any problems. I try to be up-to-date with Debian testing package versions so maybe there is something new going on.

1) Boot with GRUB as many times before
2) root=/dev/sda2 is not found
3) initrd console appears
4) The /dev directory contains only /dev/sda (without any partitions)
5) rootdelay=5 for kernel options did not help
6) attached USB HD (with ext3) partitions are working fine
7) I've a via_sata controler
8) hdparm -z /dev/sda force the kernel to reload the partition table successfuly (car /proc/partitions confirms that)
9) mount -t ext3 /dev/sda2 /root fails with "Device or resource busy"

I've changed my boot options and added rootdelay=5 already without success. As next I've copied fdisk and hdparm to an external USB HD and attached it to the initrd console. The partitions of the USB HD where applied so I was able to mount and start fdisk -l with expected success. All partitions are there.

As next I've started hdparm -z /dev/sda. The linux kernel reloaded the partition and cat /proc/partitions confirmed that. I've checked dmesg |grep sda where the kernel also identified the partition table while boot but cat /proc/partitions did not before hdparm -z /dev/sda was called manual from the initrd console.

At this point I try to mount /dev/sda2 /root -t ext3. But the error was "Device or resource busy". What is goint on here ?

Regards,
Raphael